Youngblood Ultimate Concealer* (2.8g, £22, link)
Youngblood are a natural mineral cosmetics company who have been on my radar for a while now. So when the opportunity arose to try something by them, I jumped at the chance. They have several products which are spoken highly of in the blogging and Youtube community, and one of those is the Ultimate Concealer.
Youngblood's Ultimate Concealer looks and feels like your standard creamy concealer in a pan. Packaged in a slim matte black plastic casing with a handy mirror in the lid and a strong magnetic fastening, it instantly feels high end and high quality. Onto the concealer itself, it promises to be light reflecting in order to 'magically' smooth away fine lines and minimize under eye circles, whilst not settling into those fine lines. You can also apply it to any discoloured areas on your face and to conceal blemishes as well.
This concealer is super creamy and feels very slippery, but when applied and blended into the skin it sets to a matte finish. Let's put it to the test and investigate those claims I mentioned earlier:-
- Light reflecting - Whilst this doesn't appear to have any of the usual shimmery light reflecting particles that feature so heavily in concealers these days, it does definitely reflect light when it's used on dark areas such as under eye circles. I wouldn't say it's incredibly light reflecting, but it certainly will give you a noticeable difference which is what I want.
- Smooth away fine lines - I have very fine lines under my eyes (probably due to staring at computer screens all day and not getting enough sleep, *slap on wrist!*) so I was interested to see how this would perform on mine. I noticed that my fine lines weren't as prominent as they usually are so I was happy with the results.
- Minimize under eye circles - Yes, yes and yes! I was thrilled by how well this worked for my dark circles. I chose the shade Medium which is quite light by the usual medium standards, but it suited me perfectly.
- Not settle in fine lines - Being a creamy concealer I was worried that this would settle straight into my fine lines but it didn't...for the first 2-3 hours anyway. As the day wore on, I did see some settling happening and had to re-apply. The second time I used it, I made sure to set it with some more powder which worked much better, though it did need another touch up after 8-9 hours.
- Use on blemishes - This was OK to use on blemishes, but you must set it with powder to stop it from slipping. Personally I think it's better suited as an under eye concealer instead.
Overall, I really like the coverage of this concealer which can be applied lightly or built up to a good medium to almost full level. I love how creamy and easy to apply it is, but would definitely recommend using it in conjunction with a good quality powder to set it after application. I'd recommend it to anyone who is looking for a natural alternative to all of the mainstream concealers out there, or anyone who is simply looking for a new concealer to try out.
P.S Youngblood products are cruelty free, non-comedogenic (won't clog pores) and free from parabens and other chemical nasties. You can view full ingredients lists online too. The full range of Youngblood products are available from Beauty Time Therapies.
Have you tried / do you use anything from Youngblood?