Wander over to any brand's makeup counter/stand, and you're bound to find a range of lip crayons. Everyone seems to have them these days and I for one, am slightly addicted to them. I think it's because they bring out my inner child as they inject some playful fun into your daily makeup bag.
The latest addition to the lip crayon world are the B. Vibrant Lip & Cheek Colours from Superdrug which launched in stores this week. And these babies are pretty damn good! Here are a couple of reasons to explain why I love them:-
- They are wonderfully pigmented with a rich, creamy and glossy texture. They glide onto the lips effortlessly and feel very moisturising on.
- They're long lasting and leave a beautiful stain behind once that first layer of gloss has disappeared.
- They don't have any scent or flavour.
- They can be used on lips (as shown below) and on the cheeks as a cream style blush. My tip for using it as a blush is to draw a small circle on the apples of your cheeks, fill it in and then blend it out with a brush or sponge. Alternatively, I find swiping the crayon directly onto a clean fingertip, dabbing onto the cheeks and then blending it works just as well. You guys all know how much I love a great multi-purpose product!
There are currently five shades in the range, and I was kindly sent these three to play with. Here are the swatches:-
Prom is a pretty cool-toned pink nude - an easy to wear choice for everyday and one that would be perfect for girly Spring looks.
Goji surprised me. When I swatched it, it came across as more of a brick red with brownish undertones, but when applied, it leans towards having more pink undertones.
Fandango is an amazing bright fuschia pink. The pigmentation is stunning, it's so vivid and bright. Definitely one for a statement lip!
As I've been so impressed by these, I thought I'd put my money where my mouth is and buy one for a cheeky little giveaway. One lucky reader can win a B. Vibrant Lip & Cheek Colour of their choice!
To enter, just leave me a comment below stating:-
- which shade you'd like to win
- how you follow We Were Raised By Wolves
- a contact email address / Twitter handle.
Giveaway is open internationally and I'll pick the winner via random.org on 30/01/2014. Good luck!
B. Vibrant Lip & Cheek Colours* are out now in Superdrug stores and online. They are BUAV approved, suitable for vegetarians and vegans and are parabens free. There's currently a 1/3 off the B. range so you can pick these up for only £5.32 instead of their usual £7.99 RRP. Bargain!