I came across some very old photos of myself earlier this week, during a manic summer cleaning blitz. In them, I was with some friends at a sleepover, probably aged around 6 or 7 and we all had DIY face masks on, accompanied by the obligatory cucumber slices over our eyes! I haven't donned cucumber slices for a long time, because nowadays I find the shredding technique a lot more effective. This is a good DIY tip for anyone who has been suffering from puffy eyes recently. Shredding the cucumber and bundling it into muslin cloth will cover more of the eye area than a thin slice of cucumber would, so a bit more effect doing it this way will give you much better results.
You will need:-
- A half portion of cucumber
- A grater
- Two muslin cloths
- Two hair ties
1. Grate all of the cucumber and divide the shreddings into two even piles.
2. Place each pile of shreddings into each muslin cloth.
3. Wrap each one up and fasten with a hair tie.
4. Lie back and place on the bundles on closed eyes for 10-15 minutes for a cooling
and refreshing de-puffing natural eye treatment.
Have a great weekend! :)