I was recently tagged by the lovely Danielle who writes Famous In Japan. She's created 'The Blogger Made Me Buy It Tag' which is something I'm sure anyone reading this can relate to!
1) Who are your most influential bloggers? Who are the ones that you really rely on for reviews and swatches?
I read a hell of a lot of blogs and find enablers in all sorts of places. The ones I'm going to blame the most (because of course my own self-control is perfectly fine!) for my depleted bank balance are Vivianna Does Make Up, Makeup Savvy and Essie Button. I don't think I've ever been disappointed from anything I've bought due to their recommendations. For swatches and reviews of make-up I also love checking out The Beauty Milk. I also want to include Beauty Balm whose reviews and recommendations have certainly left a dent in my pocket!
2) Do you buy a product solely as a result from one review from your favourite bloggers, or do you look for more reviews from others?
There's a lot of brand and product crossover on the blogosphere, so I usually end up reading a couple of reviews out of habit and because they pop up on my feed during the same week (especially if it's a new product launch). I'll make an extra effort for swatches of make-up though - always gotta check them swatches!
3) What is your most favourite item that you have ever bought as a consequence of blogs?
This is a hard one to answer but I'm going to say Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers. I'd wanted a pair for such a long time and it was definitely seeing lots of constant recommendations for them that finally sealed the deal. I use them almost everyday and really think they're worthy of all the hype.
4) What is your least favourite item that you have ever bought as a consequence of blogs?
Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream - luckily I bought a sample size to try out first but I just hate this stuff! I don't know why anyone raves about it!
5) Name 5 products you have bought recently as a result of blogs.
LUSH Rose Jam Shower Gel, Crazy Rumors Lip Balms, Tangle Teezer, L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil and Real Techniques Complexion Sponge (review on this coming up soon).
6) Have you ever given into blogger hype? If so, which hype?
Where do I start?! To name a few, Rimmel Apocalips, NARS palettes, Kate Moss Rimmel Lipsticks, Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish etc etc.
7) Have you ever avoided blogger hype? If so, which hype?
Like Danielle, I'm currently avoiding purchasing the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette. Don't get me wrong, this is not to say that I'll never buy it, but at this present time I'm trying to remind myself that I seriously don't need anymore eyeshadow palettes!
8) Is everything you buy based on blogger reviews or are there some items you buy without checking out a review?
It's sort of 50/50. There are some products, especially usually anything make-up related, that I'll nearly always check out a review of because I want to see what it looks like on etc. Things like skincare and bodycare, I'll sometimes read reviews of and sometimes I'll just pick up something that simply looks interesting / smells good.
I'd like to tag anyone who wants to take part!
Leave a link to your answers below or tweet me if you do it.