Following on from my December Empties post the other day, here are the results of my second six-month Project Pan, featuring a whole host of makeup empties. This was a difficult challenge!
Project Pans are a fun way to have a good old root through your beauty stash and select a certain number of products that you want to use up. Traditionally, PPs were for makeup, but nowadays, the concept has branched out to cover all aspects of beauty, be it skincare, haircare, bodycare - whatever you want to challenge yourself to finishing up. I find them useful for assessing what I already have, as well as being a way to force myself to use older products up before they expire. They're a great way to get out of a rut too as you'll almost always rediscover something that you've loved in the past, but have forgotten about and not used recently.
The last Project Pan that I did was back in June last year (read it here), and after that one had ended, I was itching to do another one straight away. With the help of the blogging community, I selected another bunch of makeup products to finish up, and in the end I managed to use up 20 items! A few are sample sizes, but the rest are all full sized products, so I'm quite proud of the results!
Here's a rundown of what I used up and whether I would repurchase them again:-
Eyeshadows & Eyeliners
- Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Burnished Bronze* - Gorgeous deep burnt bronze shade, perfect for A/W and makes a great base for a killer smokey eye (swatched here). I love these Caviar Sticks because they're super easy to use and blend beautifully without creasing. Repurchase? I have similar shades to use but I'm so tempted!
- MAC Paint Pot in Rubenesque - This is my second pot of Rubenesque and it's still my favourite Paint Pot from MAC. Such a pretty peachy gold shade (swatched here) that looks great just all over the lid paired with some mascara. Repurchase? Yes.
- SUQQU Gel Eyeliner Pencil in 01 Black* - Amazing gel eyeliner from the cult Japanese brand. Loved using it on the waterline as it's doesn't budge (reviewed here). Repurchase? Will do once I've used up some others.
Concealers & Base
- Skin Chemists Under Eye Definer* - I was sent a set of these when I originally reviewed this concealer here, and this is the last one I've used up now. I did like it, but the price tag is just extortionate! Repurchase? No, it's absolutely not worth it!
- Ginvera Green Tea Nude Cover BB Cream - Loved this sample, it's one of the best BB Creams I've ever used. Great coverage, yet feels really light. Repurchase? Yes.
- Ere Perez Natural Almond Oil Mascara in Black* - Really good, everyday, natural looking mascara with fantastic ingredients. Used this a lot whenever my eyes were feeling extra sensitive (reviewed here). Repurchase? Maybe.
- Stila HUGE Extreme Lash Mascara in Black* - My favourite high-end mascara find of 2016, so, so good! Does everything that I want my mascara to do and more (reviewed here). Repurchase? Yes.
- RMK Matte Mascara in Black* - Super pigmented and looks amazing, but this is a proper pain in the ass to remove at the end of the day! Repurchase? No.
- GOSH Rebel Eyes Long Wear Volume Mascara in Black* - This is my favourite budget mascara that I tried last year. Gives great definition for everyday wear (reviewed here). Repurchase? Yes.
- The Organic Pharmacy Organic Glam Natural Mascara in Black - Didn't like this one, flaked and smudged within 2-3 hours of wear. Repurchase? No.
- So Susan Flutter Mascara in Black - Quite possibly the worst mascara I've ever tried in my life. Just terrible. Flakes, smudges, clumps - simply awful! Repurchase? Hell no!
Highlighters & Blushers
- Nourish Golden Glow Illuminating Face Shimmer* - Beautiful liquid highlighter that you can mix into any foundation for a glowy base. Repurchase? Yes.
- MAC Beauty Powder Blush in Eversun - Very sad to finish this but I've enjoyed using it! I loved wearing this when I had a tan as it's a stunning warm toned peachy/bronze shade. Repurchase? Unfortunately it was limited edition :(
- Benefit High Beam - A makeup classic from Benefit but one that I've fallen out of love with as I don't think it suits me that much. It's a little too icy looking on my olive skin tone. Repurchase? No.
- Benefit Cha Cha Tint - I do however still really like Cha Cha Tint which is a pretty mango shade that brightens up my whole face when it's looking dull. Repurchase? Maybe - I have a few similar blushers I want to use up first.
- MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in Creme Cup - No surprises that I've gone through a second Creme Cup. A firm favourite, it's a cool-toned, pale neutral pink that's perfect for everyday/ office wear (swatched here). Repurchase? Yes.
- Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake - Another everyday pink fave, nice and easy to wear and feels moisturising (swatched here). Repurchase? Not sure - I have so many similar shades to use!
- Aveda Sheer Mineral Lip Colour in Muscadine* - Pretty sheer berry red for a subtle wash of colour on the lips - a good handbag standby (swatched here). Repurchase? I think this was LE.
- Superdrug Spray Hair Chalk in Pastel Blue* - Thought I'd pop this into the Project Pan as it's sort of makeup for your hair?! This was really cool to use and had fab colour payoff, even on my dark hair, but I wish the can was much bigger as you need to use a fair amount per application. Repurchase? Maybe.
Summary: I'll be starting another six-month Project Pan shortly - wish me luck and feel free to join in!
Have you ever done a Project Pan like this?